Who is Ignite Colleges?
Ignite Colleges is owned and managed by three New Zealanders with more than 30 years’ experience in the tertiary education sector. We have run large colleges in Auckland and Hamilton. We know what it takes to run a high quality, employment focussed college that builds students’ confidence in their natural abilities and encourages them to raise their aspirations for their futures.
Why Study with us?
- Ignite Colleges’ managers have run large, highly successful colleges and know what it takes to be the best.
- Our newly renovated campus has leading edge facilities, with everything you need to learn the practical, hands-on parts of your programme.
- We train you for fast growing industries. Employers are waiting for you to graduate!
- Our staff come direct from Industry. They will recognise your potential and work with you to succeed.
- We provide you with all the support you need to Ignite your career.
- We’ll help you find work experience during your studies, and permanent employment after you graduate.
- We know that true success comes when students’ hearts and minds are engaged. Ignite Colleges has great heart and talented staff who can switch your mind onto learning.
At Ignite Colleges we dream BIG. You can too!
Vision and Values
Our Vision for this college is: To develop the highest performing, inspirational tertiary college, offering programmes of study that lead to strong employment opportunities and a brighter and fulfilling future for our students and their families.
Our cutting edge facilities, friendly, welcoming atmosphere and convenient central location make Ignite Colleges the ideal place to train for your new career. We are right by public transport so you don’t even need a car!
We are located at 98 Kerrs Road, Manukau. The campus has just been given a huge facelift, so come in and check out our new facilities!
How we support you
At Ignite Colleges we are here for you every step of the way. We will support and encourage you from the moment you enrol with us until after you graduate. We will even help you find a great job! Here at Ignite, we do everything in our power to help you become the best you can be.
Student Services Levy
Ignite Colleges Limited charges a compulsory Student Services Levy for domestic fee paying students. The fee for 2017 is set at $200 per enrolment (GST inclusive). Students can borrow the amount as part of their student loan.
The levy funds key services for students to assist their success and overall well-being while studying. A key component of these services is the pastoral care provided for students during their period of study.
Income and expenditure for Student Services Fees are accounted for separately within the financial accounting systems.
Students were consulted on the components of the student services levy at one of the student council meetings in 2016 and their approval was gained. This process will be repeated at one of the student council meetings towards the end of the year for the following year.
Some top-notch table setting skills have earned Manurewa High School student Lydia Tekori a scholarship to study at Ignite Colleges. The talented Year 12 student achieved the highest score in the Classic Table Setting event at the recent NZ Hospitality...
Three talented Ignite Colleges students have made their mark on the national stage, each bringing home a medal from the prestigious 2017 NZ Hospitality Championships. The annual event is a calendar highlight for chefs and hospitality professionals keen to achieve...
Enrol with Ignite
Enrolling with us is easy. Make an appointment with us or complete our enquiry form.