NZ Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care Level 4
Intakes: 7 May 2018, 11 June 2018
Duration: 20 weeks
Want to help shape New Zealand’s future? Then choose a career that develops the minds and talents of our children. Study Early Childhood Level 4 at Ignite Colleges! Training is hands-on, fun – and you’ll even gain work experience in a childcare centre as part of your course.
Who can enrol?
If you are 16 years or older, this programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work effectively as an early childhood educator.
What will I learn?
Build advanced skills and knowledge in the care of infants, toddlers and young children, so you can progress your early childhood career.
You will cover:
- NZ Early Childhood Education and Care framework – Te Whariki
- ECE socio-cultural theories
- Health and safety
- First aid for young children
- ECE legislation and regulatory requirements
- Communication and leadership skills
- Treaty of Waitangi and its relevance to ECE
What qualifications will I gain?
- New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care Level 4
Where will this take me?
This qualification prepares you for intermediate-level roles in early childhood, or is the perfect pathway to further studies in ECE. Whatever you choose, you will stand out from the crowd having trained at Ignite Colleges.
More Early Childhood Programmes
Enrol with Ignite
Enrolling with us is easy. Make an appointment with us or complete our enquiry form.