- 20 weeks
- Level 3
- 70 credits
- $30000 per year
- Course Information
- 27 August 2018, 27 September 2018, 29 October 2018
Global demand for security services is at fever pitch. Security is a rapidly expanding sector offering an increasing range of job opportunities. If you want to join the action, our Level 3 programme is the perfect portal.
Who can enrol?
This programme is for students 17 years and above wanting to build the skills and knowledge needed to become security officers.
What will I learn?
Our practical training teaches you how to respond to emergencies and critical situations, and how to manage violence, conflict and personal safety.
You will also cover:
- Operating electronic equipment
- Lawful use of force
- Managing security incidents, suspects and events
- Conducting evacuations
- Protective security
- Security staff interaction with the legal system
- Security scenarios and role plays
- Security Certificate of Approval (COA) Training
What qualifications will I gain?
- New Zealand Certificate in Security (Foundation) (Level 3)
Where will this take me?
This qualification shows employers you have the necessary theory and practical skills to succeed in the security industry. Now you can apply for an exciting security role or even staircase onto further study.
Enrol with Ignite
Enrolling with us is easy. Make an appointment with us or complete our enquiry form.