Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE)
What is RoVE?
RoVE is the new government instituted Reform of Vocational Education.
As part of RoVE, the role of supporting workplace-based learning is shifting from Transitional Industry Training Organisations (TITOs) to other providers, e.g. Te Pūkenga, private training establishments (PTEs) like Ignite Colleges, and wānanga.
RoVE is about creating a strong, unified, sustainable, vocational education system that is fit for the future of work, delivering the skills that learners, employers and communities need to thrive.
In 2019, the Government instituted RoVE. As part of the seven key changes RoVE will deliver, Industry Training Organisation (ITO) functions will be transferred to a range of education providers by December 2022 – Ignite Colleges is one of the Receiving Organisations through RoVE that will be Arranging Training functions for learners transitioning from the Skills Organisation.
This transition is planned to happen in three stages, Ignite Colleges is impacted by the Go Live 2 and Go Live 3 dates:
- Go Live 1 – 1 July 2022; No programmes transitioning to Ignite.
- Go Live 2 – 1 September 2022; Case Management, Contact Centre, Credit Management, Emergency Communications, Public Sector, Real Estate programmes transitioning to Ignite.
- Go Live 3 – 1 October 2022; Adult Education, Business, Intelligence, Offender Management, Project Management, Security programmes transitioning to Ignite.
Learners who are currently active Skills Organisation trainees will transition to Ignite Colleges as a receiving organisation based on where the industry has chosen to transition to. Skills Organisation staff will also be transitioning to the receiving organisations as part of the change. This means that learners (and their employer) may or may not have the same Account Manager after transition.
Other things that will change are:
- contact details (phone number and email address) for support, and
- new login details for online learning / assessments work.
The intention is for this information to be sent out nearer transition along with further information. Skills will continue to exist as an organisation post the RoVE transition, offering consulting, wellbeing, digital learning, training courses and other training.
You can find out more about RoVE here.
Enrol with Ignite
Applying to study with us is easy. Make an appointment with us or complete our enquiry form.