Learn to Earn
Learn to Earn
- 8 weeks
- Course Information
- 16 January 2023, 20 February 2023, 27 March 2023, 1 May 2023, 5 June 2023, 10 July 2023, 14 August 2023, 18 September 2023, 23 October 2023
Secure a pathway to employment with this free course where you gain the life skills and confidence to land a job in just 8 weeks.
Where will this take me?
This free course builds your skills and confidence so you can access vocational, study or employment opportunities. This is your chance to observe and experience different industries in action, to help you identify potential career pathways to pursue.
Who can enrol?
If you are 16 years or older, and a New Zealand resident, you can enrol in this free programme. Please speak to our student advisor team to find out more.
What will I learn?
Learn and improve on literacy, numeracy, digital, soft skills, and personal attributes needed so you can land your dream job. This course will equip you with the skills to navigate and problem solve through various workplace settings. You’ll also learn how to effectively communicate, collaborate, and work within a team to achieve your set goals. We’ll set you up with the skills and knowledge to bridge the gap from school to employment!
What qualifications will I gain?
- Micro Credential: Leading self to future vocational and employment opportunities
Programme content includes:
- Literacy, numeracy, and digital skills
- Workplace skills
- Communication skills
- Identify personal strengths and goal setting
- Personal wellbeing strategies
Why study at Ignite Colleges
At Ignite Colleges we dream big. And we’re here to help you dream big too! We want you to be the best you can be, and we’ll support and encourage you every step of the way.
- Our online programmes mean you don’t have to give up your day job to build your qualifications
- You’ll receive plenty of support and encouragement through group chats, online discussions and one-on-one tutor sessions
- Our inspiring tutors come direct from industry - they know what it takes to succeed and will switch your mind onto learning
- Ignite healthcare students are in hot demand with employers.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about this course
What do I need to enrol?
It’s easy! All you need to bring along is proof of citizenship or PR. We will help you do the rest.
How much does this course cost?
It is FREE.
What time does my course start and finish?
9am to 1pm, Monday to Friday.
What resources will I need?
We provide everything.
What does a typical day look like?
This course is fun, interesting and very helpful! There are many different activities both on and off campus.
What will I get out of this course?
This course builds your skills and confidence so you can apply for jobs, help your children with their school work and help you in your daily life. If you are new to New Zealand, it’s a great introduction to Kiwi life, and we can help you with things like filling in tax forms, making doctor appointments, applying for your driver’s licence and putting together your CV. If you successfully complete this course you might also qualify for a free laptop!
Enrol with Ignite
Applying to study with us is easy. Make an appointment with us or complete our enquiry form.