Ignite Colleges understands that many people are concerned about the information they provide to us and how we treat that information. This policy sets out our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 and our own understanding of what is right regarding privacy of information. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What information we collect
When you make contact with us the personal information we collect and hold about you may, among other things, include details of your name, date of birth, sex, marital status, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, employment details, insurance details, credit card details and complaint details (including details about any injuries or reactions and treatment). It may also include details of the services or products we provide to you, as well as the status of those services or products. We collect this information for purposes which include:
- to provide relevant services and products to you, including dealing with any enquiries or complaints;
- to administer and manage those services and products, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- to promote and market to you other services or products which we consider may be of interest to you and where you agree to receiving any such communication; and
- conducting consumer surveys.
If you do not provide personal information where requested, our ability to provide products/services to you may be impaired or restricted. All information is collected and held by Ignite Colleges.
Sources of information
We may collect your personal information:
- when reasonable and practicable, directly from you (eg. when you provide information to us over the phone or in documents such as an application or complaint form);
- from information you provide to us in connection with a consumer promotion;
- from third parties (eg. your representative/Agent etc.);
- from third parties supplying our products; and
- from the other organisations identified under "Disclosing your information".
You authorise us to collect personal information about you from third parties, including those set out above.
Regarding our website, Ignite Colleges does not collect personally-identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. This means we don't require you to register or provide information to us in order to view our site. If you register for our online services, we use the information you supply for the purpose of providing the services you've requested. If you specifically agreed to a follow-up contact by us or asked to be put on our mailing list when you registered, we may also contact you from time to time. You can always change your preferences for follow-up contact by e-mailing us at any time. Our website sometimes includes notices of competitions or other promotions we are conducting, and we may permit you to enter electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion. Where you agree, we may also use the information to promote and market to you other services and products which we consider may be of interest to you.
Like most companies, we use "cookie" technology on our web site. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you've visited us before or are a new visitor. The cookie doesn't track any personal information about you or provide us with any way to contact you, and the cookie doesn't extract any information from your computer. Cookies are simply the best way for us to be able to offer you the most enjoyable and hassle free online environment. Storage of your information, all your personal details and information are only accessible by authorised personnel and are stored securely in either paper or electronic form.
We may use Google Remarketing as a method of targeting our advertising. Remarketing is a way for us to connect with visitors, based upon your past interactions with our website.
Update, correct, or delete your information
You have a right to access and to request correction of personal information we hold about you. If you would like to:
- access the personal information we hold about you; or
- update and/or correct the personal information we hold about you,
Please contact the Student Support team at: email@example.com
Disclosing your information
We understand how important it is to keep your information private, and so we only disclose your personal information to third parties in certain limited circumstances. These disclosures will be made subject to appropriate privacy and confidentiality protections. Organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- our insurers; our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors, security consultants and lawyers; and your representatives (eg. your legal advisers, doctors, dentists and other health professionals).
If something goes wrong